A personal favourite of the founders of Love Your Health, this Australian Made, Australian Certified Organic Cold- Pressed Hemp Oil is a wonderful addition to every household.
Each bottle made from the goodness of 15,000 organic hemp seeds. Australian Certified Organic virgin cold-pressed hemp seed oil is made fresh on premises and cold packed in a superior glass bottle to keep it at its ultimate freshness level.
Hemp seed oil contains the ideal 3:1 ratio of Omega-6 (GLA) to Omega-3 (SDA) essential fatty acids which can help the body to metabolise fat, counteract aging, increase immune system strength, lower cholesterol, and help prevent cardiovascular disease.
- Helps Maintain a Hormonal Balance: Hemp is the only edible seed that contains gamma-linolenic acid, which is eventually converted to the protective hormone prostaglandin PGE1 that regulates the hormonal balance and supports menopausal health. The Oil Regenerates and Energises The Skin’s Protective Layer: Due to its high content of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, hemp seed oil has a composition similar to skin lipids, which makes it an excellent natural emollient and moisturiser. It is especially useful for dry, tired or dehydrated skin and nails. It increases the skin elasticity and water retention capacity in tissues. Pure oil can be used to treat dry hair and is often included in hair conditioners.
- Great For Vegetarians: Getting the right balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids can be tricky for vegetarians and vegans. Hemp seed oil has the optimal ratio of these acids.
- Helps Lower Cholesterol: The only vegetable oil to contain omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids (3:1), hemp seed oil can help lower cholesterol levels by accelerating metabolic processes. With a faster metabolism, fats burn at a quicker rate and are not deposited on the artery walls.
- Can Be Good For Diabetics: Due to its low carbohydrate and sugar content, this oil is can be a great food additive for diabetics. The nutrients present in it can help moderate blood sugar levels.
- Help Prevent Psoriasis: Psoriasis is caused by a deficiency of omega-6 fatty acids in the body. The fatty acids present in hemp seed oil help improve skin oxygenation and hydration.
- Can Boost Your Immunity: Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids also improve immunity and regulate intestinal flora, thus building a natural barrier against microbes and increasing the resilience of the body.
- Helps Prevent Demyelination Of Nervous System: Essential fatty acids are necessary for a healthy cell membrane structure. They also prevent the demyelination, the destruction of the myelin sheath (a membrane that protects the nerve cells).
- Can Help Prevent Varicose Veins: Like other compounds high in omega-3s, hemp seed oil can thin your blood, reducing blood clots and varicose veins.
Hemp oil has a pleasant nutty flavor and can be used the same way that you might use olive oil, but it must be used raw or in very low heat (under 160 degrees Fahrenheit). It can be added to smoothies, shakes, vegetables, pasta, salads, and dressings.
Hemp seed oil is a natural emollient and can be found as an ingredient in many different cosmetic products, such as massage oils, lip balms, soaps, lotions, and hair conditioner. If you have dry and itchy skin, hemp seed oil can be used as a soothing and revitalising moisturiser. The oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and has been shown to counteract the aging process in skin.